Home automation gives you access to control devices in your home from a mobile device anywhere in the world. The term may be used for isolated programmable devices, like thermostats and sprinkler systems, but home automation more accurately describes homes in which nearly everything — lights, appliances, electrical outlets, heating and cooling systems — are hooked up to a remotely controllable network. From a home security perspective, this also includes your alarm system, and all of the doors, windows, locks, smoke detectors, surveillance cameras and any other sensors that are linked to it. The other main characteristic of cutting-edge home automation is remote monitoring and access. While a limited amount of one-way remote monitoring has been possible for some time, it’s only since the rise in smartphones and tablets that we’ve had the ability to truly connect to our home networks while we’re away. With the right home automation system, you can use any Internet-connected device to view and control the system itself and any attached devices.
Monitoring apps can provide a wealth of information about your home, from the status of the current moment to a detailed history of what has happened up to now. You can check your security system’s status, whether the lights are on, whether the doors are locked, what the current temperature of your home is and much more. With cameras as part of your home automation system, you can even pull up real-time video feeds and literally see what’s going on in your home while you’re away.
Even simple notifications can be used to perform many important tasks. You can program your system to send you a text message or email whenever your security system registers a potential problem, from severe weather alerts to motion detector warnings to fire alarms. You can also get notified for more mundane events, such as programming your “smart” front door lock to let you know when your child returns home from school.
The real hands-on control comes in when you start interacting with the home automation system from your remote app. In addition to arming and disarming your security system, you can reprogram the scheduling, lock and unlock doors, reset the thermostat and adjust the lights all from your phone, from anywhere in the world. As manufacturers are creating more and more “smart” devices and appliances all the time, the possibilities for home automation are virtually limitless. Now a days the home automation systems are becoming completely wireless, so it can be installed even without drilling a hole in your home.
With home automation system you can do the following
1. Open and close the gate anywhere from the world through your mobile phone.
2. Unlock the biometric lock of the main door of your home with the help of the mobile app, the door can be locked automatically if an auto closer is fixed to the door
3. Irrigation control, you can water your garden, lawn anywhere from the world.
4. Control the lights from anywhere in the world from your mobile.
5. Feed your pets.
6. Start and stop the engine of your vehicle parked at your home for periodic battery charging.
7. You will get alert if somebody intrude in your premises, Can listen to the conversations and talk back through the two way communication device.
Home security systems
1. Hybrid security systems
2. Electromechanical boom barriers- In electromechanical boom barriers an electric motor and reduction gearbox is used to drive the boom. These are rigid and heavy duty and are used worldwide in parking lots, Apartments, level crosses, airports, shopping malls etc.
3. Hydraulic Boom barriers- These are heavy duty system suitable for intensive usage. In hydraulic boom barrier an electric motor driven hydraulic cylinder is used to operate the boom. Hydraulic boom barrier has more parts like oil tank, pump, hydraulic cylinder, etc. Hydraulic pipe lines, hydraulic valves, control board etc. Due to more number of parts hydraulic boom barriers require more maintenance. Hence they are absolute now a day.
Controls and Schematics also provides Safety and Security in Trivandrum